internship program gives students the opportunity to obtain
fundamental training and skills necessary for a career in
the broadcast industry and in marketing communications. Interns
receive comprehensive training and real-life experience in
planning marketing strategies, video production and related
CAN BE AN INTERN?
Anyone can apply for an internship at CMAP. Strong candidates
are those who are interested in marketing, community engagement,
video production, filmmaking, or creating bilingual (Spanish)
and community content. Experience in video production is a
plus but is not required. You can enroll in an independent
or field study course at your school in order to earn credit
for your internship time, or simply be an intern for the experience.
Positions: CMAP Marketing & Outreach Internship
• Assist director to develop and implement organizational
• Participate in a marketing research projects
• Develop documents, flyers, outreach letters and content
to market the station’s three television channels
• Create marketing videos for YouTube, the television
channels of CMAP and for DVDs
• Assist on locally-produced CMAP video shoots and studio
• Receive an excellent reference for your work for future
marketing and development positions!
• Marketing planning, research, implementation and media/public
• Video production training on Final Cut Pro, iMovie,
using online video to market and tell stories, and other tools
computer and people skills required. We are looking for an
intern who is excited to learn about marketing, pr, online
video, video production, media/community relations, branding
and alternative media sources.
CAN INTERNS DO?
Interns volunteer a minimum of five- ten hours a week
for semester. Interns work in the following areas:
- Studio Production
- Field Production
- Programming Department
CMAP training workshops and access to equipment
experience for job resume
include resume and a brief cover letter about what interests
you in the position to CMAP's Executive Director Kathy
Bisbee at 408-846-4983 x6 to apply for an internship.